6 Tips to plan your wedding on a budget
Weddings can be costly, and if you are a couple on a small budget, you may feel overwhelmed by the expenses you have to incur. Here are some tips on planning a wedding on a budget.
- Avoid guest list bloat – Instead of inviting everyone you know, look at creating a list of invitees that you are in contact with at the moment.
- Ask for wedding help rather than gifts – Help from friends and family will go a long way and eventually slash your costs. For example, if a friend or family member is a photographer, ask them to skip the gift and take photographs of your day.
- Have your ceremony at home, or outdoors – Renting a hall or a reception space can be costly. Therefore, look at planning your wedding at a park or a family or friend’s home.
- Hire a family-owned restaurant – Look at a family owned catering businesses or restaurant and speak to them about catering your event. They will often go the extra mile to ensure your special day meets your requirements.
- Have fewer flowers – Go for a small bouquet of fresh flowers for the bridesmaids and yourself and choose fake flowers that you can rent for the reception space.
Skip the groomsmen and bridesmaid gifts – Giving your bridal team gifts is not necessary as they will be happy enough being part of your big day. Instead, write them a thoughtful thank you note and hand it to them on the day.